Visual impairment can occur when the optic nerve is damaged, leading to a condition known as atrophy. This condition can result in complete and irreversible blindness and affects young and elderly patients equally. Therefore, starting treatment as early as possible is crucial to prevent nerve fiber destruction.
Before including any clinic in our database, AiroMedical thoroughly evaluates its medical quality and suitability for our patients. Learn more about the top hospital in the US and Europe for treating optic nerve atrophy.
Criteria for Selecting the best hospitals for Optic Nerve Atrophy Treatment
Do you need clarification about how to choose a good eye hospital for the treatment of optic nerve atrophy? Here are five things to consider to get the best eye hospital.
- International medical accreditations. We prioritize JCI, a US medical quality standard that provides rigorous hygiene, quality control, transparency, and patient safety checks for academic medical centers and hospitals. In addition, we check the availability of NABH and ISO.
- Qualification of an ophthalmologist. A good eye hospital should have a qualified and certified ophthalmologist. It ensures that you get the best treatment.
- A range of services. When selecting an eye hospital, it’s essential to consider the eye care services they offer. A center specializing in ophthalmology will give you greater assurance in addressing your vision needs.
- Hospitals reputation. Study the history of the medical institution, who works in it, who manages it, and what former patients say. Check out the news about the clinic, how long it has been working, and whether it has a scientific base.
- Online consultation. Before making a final choice, make an appointment with a doctor, ask him all the questions you are interested in, and what treatment methods are used. You can also have an online consultation with a doctor you like or get a “second opinion” from an expert if you have doubts about your diagnosis or the prescribed treatment.
Our main objective is to make your medical journey safe and reliable. Therefore, we have meticulously selected hospitals and doctors who meet the highest international standards. So, no matter which hospital or clinic you choose, you can trust that you will receive top-notch medical procedures and access to cutting-edge scientific developments.
Top Hospitals for Optic Nerve Atrophy Treatment in the United States
Virginia University Medical Center Charlottesville
Texas Southwestern University Medical Center Dallas
Yale New Haven Hospital
Benefits of medical treatment in the US
Patients prefer hospitals in the US because of the following:
- Comprehensive high-precision diagnostics to determine the type and nature of pathological processes.
- High professionalism of doctors who are at the top of the ratings.
- New-generation drugs are highly effective and have a low incidence of side effects.
Top Hospitals for Optic Nerve Atrophy Treatment in Europe
Helios Hospital Krefeld, Germany
Teknon Medical Centre Barcelona, Spain
Academic Hospital Schlosspark Charlottenburg Berlin, Germany
Benefits of medical treatment in Europe
Every year, thousands of patients from different parts of the world treat optic nerve atrophy in hospitals in Europe. And their choice is explained:
- The vast experience of doctors and high qualifications (today, subtle operations on the visual apparatus have become routine practice).
- Modern diagnostic methods give excellent results and allow the choice of a unique therapy for each patient.
- Modern medical and diagnostic devices and high-tech drugs.
Top Hospitals for Optic Nerve Atrophy Treatment in Poland
KCM Clinic Wroclaw
Medicover Hospital Warsaw
Carolina Medical Centre Warsaw
Benefits of medical treatment in Poland
Advantages of treatment in Poland:
- Filigree ophthalmology operations with the latest equipment.
- An individual scheme for optic nerve atrophy treatment.
- Reasonable cost of services, which is significantly lower than in other countries.
Top Hospitals for Optic Nerve Atrophy Treatment in Italy
University Hospital San Raffaele Milan IRCCS
Padova University Hospital
Careggi University Hospital Florence
Benefits of medical treatment in Italy
The popularity of ophthalmology hospitals in Italy is due to the following:
- Latest technologies in diagnosing and treating vision problems.
- Ophthalmologists eliminate vision defects and treat all eye diseases.
- Modern equipment to diagnose and treat eye illnesses complies with the strictest international standards.
Top Hospitals for Optic Nerve Atrophy Treatment in Germany
Centre of Advanced Medicine Frankfurt am Main
Eye Centre Frankfurt am Main
Academic Hospital Bundeswehr Berlin
Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
Why hospitals in Germany:
- Treatment of optic nerve atrophy is a thorough search for the cause of neuron death and the development of adequate therapeutic tactics.
- Individual treatment regimens with stem cells are supplemented by traditional therapy, physiotherapy, and other safety techniques.
- Complex or systematic methods that consider the prescription of the process, the patient’s age, general condition, and the disease’s causes.
Best Optic Nerve Atrophy doctors worldwide
Dr. med. Detlef Deiermann
Dr. med. Gerhard Siebenhuner
Prof. Dr. med. Peter Rieck
Dr. Castanera de olina Fernando
Dr. Karol Nowacki, Ph.D.
Best treatment solutions for treating Optic Nerve Atrophy
Ophthalmologists in many countries have already gained extensive practical experience and successfully applied the following:
- Surgery. In certain situations, it addresses nerve atrophy by removing the cause, such as a tumor or a damaged vessel. Additionally, hemodynamic correction may be performed to restore blood flow and slow down the atrophy process.
- Magnetotherapy or exposure to a nerve with alternating magnetic fields improves the blood supply and normalizes metabolism.
- Medicines. It includes using vasodilators, vitamins, drugs that improve metabolic processes, and genetic drugs such as rAAV2-ND4. It is administered once as an intraocular injection.
- Stem cells. In this procedure, stem cells are injected into the optic nerve area using a simple lens as the carrier. The stem cells contain cytokines, interleukins, and growth factors that activate the body’s regenerative processes.
- Regenerative Fedorov therapy. Electric current stimulates the optic nerve and helps the tissue to regenerate.
In ophthalmology, multiple techniques are often used together to treat eye conditions. This approach gives impressive results in treating optic nerve atrophy abroad.
How to get therapy in the best clinics for Optic Nerve Atrophy
At AiroMedical, a team of international experts collaborates to provide you with the best care. However, arranging a treatment trip can be difficult for those unfamiliar with the medical tourism market. It involves understanding specific nuances and features.
We combine experience and knowledge in various fields of medicine to find the right solutions and help patients even in the most challenging cases. We will select for you the clinic that specializes in treating optic nerve atrophy and will be able to offer the most complete and modern complex of treated measures. If you need help finding the best medical solution for your disease, don’t hesitate to contact us at AiroMedical. We’re here to assist you.