Among the private and public sectors banks in India, Canara Bank is one of the most popular one. It has recently received the “Banker’s Bank of the Year Award” in the year 2022. Its services consist of retail banking, which includes savings accounts, fixed deposits, loans (ranging from personal and home loans to car loans), and credit cards, providing individuals with a wide range of financial solutions. For corporate clients, the bank extends an array of corporate banking services, including working capital loans, project financing, trade finance, and efficient cash management services.
Canara Bank plays a pivotal role in agriculture as well by providing financial assistance to farmers through crop loans, agricultural credit, and other related services.
If you want to check your Canara bank account balance, you can do it in various simple ways such as by giving a missed call to Canara bank balance check number, sending an SMS, through net banking, mobile banking, etc. Let’s have a look at these options in details.
Through Canara bank toll-free numbers
Customers who resides in India can check their account balance by dialling the following toll-free numbers:
Canara bank also provides another number for those customers residing outside India. This is a non-toll free number which would charge some amount for dialling.
Through net banking
With the digital revolution, the banking sector has also embraced its benefits. Customers can now have access to their accounts with a few taps through the internet banking. To check account balance:
- You need to log in to your account using the login credentials that the bank provided at the time of registration. If you are not registered yet, follow the steps for registration which is provided below.
- On the home page, you will see the option ‘bank details’. Tap on it.
- When you tap on it, another page featuring your bank balance and statement option will be displayed.
- Using this platform, you can also have access to other banking services such as fund transfer, getting a Canara bank mini statement, etc.
To register yourself for internet banking, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of Canara bank from any browser and select new registration. Then, there will be a page for ‘terms and conditions’. You can move on to the next page by selecting ‘I agree’.
- Provide all the required details before clicking submit.
- An OTP will be sent to the number which you registered. Enter that OTP for authentication.
- Then, you need to set your password following the bank’s parameter. The password is usually 8 characters containing at least one uppercase, lowercase with numerical figures. Now check the form once again and click ‘Submit’.
Through mobile banking
There’s a mobile banking app for Canara Bank called ‘Canara ai1’. To avail services like balance enquiry, mini statement, fund transfer, and many others, you should download it from your app store and install it. You can check your account balance in simple few steps.
- After installing the app, log in to your account using your credentials.
- Go to the account option and select ‘balance enquiry’ or ‘balance check’.
- If you have more than one account, choose the account of which you want to check the balance.
- Then, the app will display the balance in your bank account.
Through missed call
This service is currently unavailable. However, following is the step by step procedure to check your balance by dialling Canara bank balance check number.
- For this service, your mobile number should be first registered with the bank. You can do it online or offline according to your choice.
- If your number is already registered, call canara bank balance check number 09015483483. This number is for those who wants to the information in English.
- If you prefer in Hindi, call 09015613613.
- Let the phone ring for a few moment and it will end automatically. Soon after that you will receive all your balance information in the form of SMS.
Through SMS banking
You can also check your Canara bank account balance just by sending an SMS’ in the format ‘CANBAL’<space> ‘USERID’<space> MPIN to 5607060. To avail of this banking service, register your valid mobile number with Canara Bank. After sending the SMS, you will receive your account balance details.
If you want to register your mobile number you can follow the steps below:
- You can go to a any Canara Bank branch nearby.
- Ask for a mobile number registration form and fill out the spaces provided with accurate details like your account number, name, current mobile number, and any other required information.
- Once you’ve filled out the form, submit it to the bank staff. They will ask for your identification documents for verification purposes. You can provide your aadhaar card, driving licence, passport or any other government issued identity card.
- After submitting the form and completing the necessary verification, the bank will update your mobile number in their records.
- Once your mobile number is registered with bank, you’ll start receiving SMS alerts and notifications related to your Canara Bank account on your newly registered mobile number.
To check your Canara Bank account balance through an ATM (Automated Teller Machine), follow these steps:
- Go to a any nearby Canara Bank ATM and insert your valid Canara Bank ATM card issued by the bank into the card slot.
- The ATM will prompt you to enter your ATM card’s Personal Identification Number (PIN) using the ATM keypad. Do not disclosed this pin ode to anyone. It can be misused.
- On the ATM screen, you’ll see various options like withdrawal, transfer, enquiry, etc. Select the “Enquiry” option or something similar to it.
- After you select it, the ATM will process your request and display your account balance on the screen. Some ATMs might also give you the option to print a canara bank mini statement with your balance information.
Canara Bank also offers an option to check your account balance through a passbook either offline or through an e-passbook.
To check offline, you need to visit the branch and ask the staff to get your passbook updated. The previous transactions and your account balance will be printed on your passbook.
Checking through an e-passbook is similar to checking through mobile banking.