Restaurants tend to receive so many customers necessitating the preparation of meals in large amounts. Since it would be inconveniencing the customer by having to make them wait for them to be prepared, equipment such as chip warmers has come to our aid. This article major on the various types of chip warmers and how they go on to work for you to get the best result from them.
One of the best feelings of our current generation is probably witnessing an order for a plate of chips in a joint being brought to you. Chips are one of the most popular and liked fast food in situations of restaurants where they may have a lot of it already prepared and only waiting to be ordered about the need to have a piece of warming equipment. It is where the chip warmers come into play.
There are a variety of chip warmers that come in different forms for different purposes. We will discuss them below;
Commercial Chip Warmers
These are used mostly in movie theatres, sporting events, and restaurants. They are usually very large and strong. A common one has the following characteristics;
- Allows for self-service and table services.
- It has a construction dominated by stainless steel.
- It is designed to be of use freestanding or on countertops.
- Cleaning and maintenance only take a few minutes.
- Its simplicity is encouraging as it involves simply loading from its back and doing your service from the front.
- The doors which are double access open up, forming a shelf; hence this eases chip loading and helps in the prevention of breakages.
- There is control of temperature using a thermostat which helps in reducing operational costs.
There are large and small options for chip warmers for commercial purposes.
Tortilla Chip Warmer
This type is most common in Mexican restaurants. They are tasked to serve chips feeling and tasting fresh from the oven. This particular type is mostly used in warming tortilla chips and keeping them in that same state.
When equipped with a heating system relying on natural convection, chip warmers use a fan in circulating air to speedily and uniformly heat chips. They utilize convectional heat to ensure the chips are kept at the right temperature.
Chip Merchandizers versus Chips Warmers
While the chip warmers will mostly concern themselves with the warming aspect of chips, the merchandizer further displays these chips via a transparent container to be seen by customers. The merchandiser could also be referred to as a chips display warmer. The chips’ warmer price in Kenya will vary according to the seller and quality. The merchandiser is an example.
In the case of a chip merchandizer, some of its major characteristics include;
- Its body is usually painted bright yellow with vivid signs that help contribute to impulse sales.
- The panels ensure good product visibility regardless of where it has been put.
- The chute is made from stainless steel, which aids in minimizing breakages during product loading and permits easy serving.
- It usually includes popcorn and nacho signs meant to attract customers.
- The heated bottom made from stainless steel helps keep the product warm and fresh.
- A highly rated lamp that provides illumination of the interior and further warming the product and enhancing the product’s appearance.
Restaurant Chip Warmers
Its primary use is to keep chips warm, delicious, and toasty. They allow cooks to prepare many chips in readiness for customers and can ensure they remain fresh until the restaurant’s closing time. It goes on to save the restaurant time and, at the same time, give customers a worthy product.
We have tried to take a rough look at chip display warmers so that you can have a rough idea of how they work, and if need be, you can consider buying them. Chip warmers are a great asset in a restaurant and must be noted. For more, check chips display warmer price in Kenya.