According to statistics provided by Moosend, the average open rate for b2b mailings is around 15% . However, proper personalization can greatly increase both open and reply rates. Consequently, it will drive your overall campaign ROI and get you high-value customers.
Having accurate and relevant b2b audience data is the key to outstanding outbound email marketing results. Let’s look into how it can work for your campaigns.
How to Personalize Cold Emails
If you personalize them properly, cold emails can become an invaluable source of new leads. Making them engaging is not that difficult, though you should source and streamline relevant audience data to act upon it.
mmend you consider the following:
- Create an amazing copy. You’ll surely increase the email’s open rate with catchy and original subject lines. But don’t overdo it. Your title should still communicate the actual value.
- Prove customers that you’re interested in them. Firstly, explain to them where you found them and why you decided to write them. Don’t forget to mention that you’re aware of the tech stack they use and the history of their success and failures.
- Don’t forget to bring up your relevant case studies. Mention your clients’ success stories so the prospect can understand that you offer a viable solution to their problems.
- Address their goals and responsibilities. Be specific about your prospect’s goals and responsibilities. In such a way, you let them know that you’re aware of their current needs and expectations.
Prime Benefits From Emails Personalization
B2B businesses need personalization to demonstrate that they know the pains and demands of their target audience. Switching from mass mailings to personalized letters allows you to:
- Let customers know you care. You let customers know that you recognize their value and share their goals.
- Work on brand positioning. The greatest thing about personalized emails is that you represent your unique tone of voice through quirky slogans and manner of writing.
- Prevent customer churn. You can retain and effectively reactivate high-value customers by grabbing their attention with unique offers.
- Improve ROI and conversion rate. The latest research by Experian has shown that personalized emails lead to 29% higher conversion rates than generic ones.
You still need solid audience data to succeed with your personalized b2b email campaign. So let’s consider typical pitfalls that can trap you when sourcing and actualizing data.
Challenges of Sourcing B2B Data for Email Personalization
Unlike inbound mailings, outbound campaigns aren’t supplied with that amount of detailed first-party data. These mailings are typically list-based, so they don’t provide much information on prospects. Email lists contain names, job titles, and business contact information. But these things tell little to nothing about intentions and things that might drive customers’ decision-making.
So at this point, you need to source data points that will indicate prospects as your ICP marketing possibility. Specialists commonly use martech tools from third-party data providers like ZoomInfo, Apollo, and more. These reputable companies can supply you with constantly updated and 100% accurate information.
However, the main challenge is cross-matching data from different sources. The manual processing of CSV imports is no option. And this is when data enrichment tools come into play.
Use Data Enrichment and Targeting Tools to Tailor Email Offers
Targeting and data enrichment (which is often a part of it) is a go-to solution not only for b2b email personalization. It allows you to build hyper-targeted audiences you can utilize across multiple advertising platforms.
For example, Primer’s targeting platform allows you to:
- Source b2b profiles from 12+ data providers at once
- Filter data by hundreds of attributes to make a perfect match with your ICP
- Send generated audience spreadsheets to automated mailing and paid social platforms.