If you are thinking of preparing SSC CGL and Bank PO exams together then you should make a customised plan to tackle both exams. SSC CGL is conducted for those who wish to work as Group B and C posts whereas the Bank PO exam is held to fill the probationary officer vacancies. The difficulty level of both the Bank PO and SSC CGL exams is different and a customised plan has to be prepared to qualify for both with high score.
SSC CGL and Bank PO Syllabus
The candidates who are preparing for the SSC CGL and Bank PO exams should refer to the exam syllabus before commencing the preparations. Having prior knowledge of the subjects and topics helps in making a customised plan for the exam.
|Subject||SSC CGL Syllabus||Bank PO Syllabus|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Analogies
Similarities and differences
Arithmetic number series
Coding and decoding
|General Awareness||Current events, history, culture, and geography
Economic scene and general polity
Scientific research and sports Books, authors, awards, and honours
Important dates and static GK.
|Banking and financial awareness
Current events and national/international affairs
Economic and social issues
Awards and honours, books, and authors
Important dates and static GK.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Computation of whole numbers
Relationships between numbers
Profit and Loss
Mixture and Alligation
Time and distance
Time & Work
Ratio & Proportion
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
Graphs of Linear Equations
Triangle and its various kinds of centres
Congruence and similarity of triangles
Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles
Right Circular Cone
Right Circular Cylinder
Heights and Distances
Bar diagram & Pie chart
Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
Degree and Radian Measures
Profit & Loss
Mixtures & Allegations
Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
Work & Time
Time & Distance
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
Sequence & Series
Permutation, Combination &Probability
|English Language||Idioms and Phrases
One word Substitution
Fill in the Blanks
Word Usage, Word-Swap
Fill in the blanks
Error Detection, Error Spotting
One word Substitution
|Descriptive Writing||Essay writing, Letter/ Application/ Précis writing, and Passage writing||Letter writing, essay writing, précis writing, etc.|
Preparation Strategy to Prepare for SSC CGL and Bank PO Exam
Both SSC CGL and Bank PO exams have similar subjects namely, English Langauge, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and General Knowledge. However, the level of the questions and syllabus differs a lot. Hence, one can prepare for the exam but the approach has to be kept different for all the subjects. Refer to the section below to know about the same.
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- For Bank PO: The candidates should focus the logical reasoning skills. The maximum number of questions are asked from Puzzles, seating arrangement, and input-output questions regularly. Learn different approaches to solve problems quickly and accurately.
- For SSC CGL: Concentrate on both verbal and non-verbal reasoning topics. Practice a wide range of questions to improve your problem-solving abilities. Work on identifying patterns and enhancing your analytical skills.
2. General Awareness:
- For Bank PO: Stay updated with current affairs, banking news, and financial updates. Follow newspapers, business magazines, and official websites for the latest information.
- For SSC CGL: Cover a diverse range of topics including history, geography, science, and general knowledge. Focus on static GK and current affairs to score well in this section.
3. Quantitative Aptitude:
- For Bank PO: Focus on speed maths, arithmetic and data interpretation. Understand concepts thoroughly and practice a variety of numerical questions. Work on time-saving techniques for quick calculations and practice different levels of questions to build your problem-solving skills.
- For SSC CGL: Master arithmetic, algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Practice a wide range of questions to get comfortable with different question types. Work on time management to handle lengthy calculations.
4. English Language
- For Bank PO: Improve your vocabulary and grammar skills. Practice reading comprehension, cloze tests, and error detection exercises. Focus on improving your writing skills for the descriptive section. Focus on improving your reading comprehension skills and grammar. Practice sentence correction, para jumbles, and cloze tests. Try to practice more comprehension, and cloze tests to master the subject.
- For SSC CGL: Enhance your comprehension and grammar abilities. Focus on improving vocabulary, sentence correction, one word substitution, idiom & phrases and error detection. Practice essay writing and précis to excel in the descriptive paper. Improve comprehension skills, vocabulary, and grammar. Practice different types of questions to excel in this section. The questions are majorly from the vocabulary section hence emphasis should be given to those.
5. Descriptive Writing (Applicable for Bank PO only)
Develop your writing skills by practising essay and letter writing. Focus on clarity, coherence, and structuring your content effectively. Practice regularly to enhance your writing speed and expression.
In conclusion, preparing for Bank PO and SSC CGL exams requires a well-structured and focused approach. With dedication, perseverance, and subject-specific strategies, candidates can confidently prepare and crack both exams easily.
- Can we do SSC CGL and bank PO together?
Ans. Yes, you can do this by making a customised plan for both exams.
- Can I prepare for bank and SSC together?
Ans. Yes, you can easily create a subject-wise preparation strategy for both bank and SSC to crack the exam.
- Should I prepare for SSC CGL or bank PO?
Ans. Yes, both exams have their own perks and difficulty level to prepare for SSC CGL or bank PO.
- Is SSC CGL tougher than bank PO?
Ans. No, both the exams SSC CGL and bank PO have their own difficulty levels.