A dressing table or dressing area is a must-have feature in every bedroom. It not only spruces the looks of your bedroom but keeps your dressing accessories organized. You can find dressing tables in many styles and designs at Wakefit. You can also customize a trendy and functional dressing table that suits the style of your bedroom. There are endless options for the latest dressing table ideas online. You may be confused about choosing the right dressing table design for your household. Here is a guide that can help you make the right choice.
Go For Simple Dressers
You can very well go for a simple and compact dressing table if your bedroom is small. It offers a neat and elegant look to your bedroom. They are easy to install and maintain. A simple dressing table design would suit the decor of any bedroom.
Choose The Right Material
You may need help with choosing the right material for your dressing table. Decide on the type of wood before purchasing a wooden dressing table with a mirror. Have a look at the commonly used materials for dressing tables.
- Solid Wood: These are natural wood made from trees of teak, oak, maple, etc. It is quite expensive material but highly durable. It also demands regular maintenance. The grain texture on solid wood gives a natural style to your bedroom.
- Engineered Wood: This is the most popular material used for designing dressing tables. These are manmade wood made up of composite materials. It comes with veneers and laminates of natural wood and offers a wooden finish. HDF, MDP, and plywood are the readily available engineered wood in the market.
- Rubberwood: This is an eco-friendly and durable material. Go for this material if you are looking for a budget-friendly bedroom dressing table with a mirror.
Go for Dressers That Suits Your Need
It is always wise to choose a dressing unit based on your requirement. List out your needs and then decide on the type you must own—most of the dressing table units available in the market fall under any one of the following types.
- Traditional Dressing Table: Go for a traditional type of dresser if budget is not the main constraint. These are wooden dressing units that offer a rich and unique look to your room. Traditional dressing units are ideal for spacious bedrooms.
- Contemporary Dressing Units: These are modern dressers preferred by most people. Contemporary dressing units are stylish and suit any of your bedroom designs. They are functional and satisfy most of your needs. Customize a contemporary type dresser for your bedroom based on the size and style of your bedroom.
- Compact Dressers: This type of dresser fits great in small bedrooms. It helps in keeping your room less cluttered and well-organized.
Trendy Dressing Table Design Ideas
Here are some stylish and latest dressing table design ideas. You can pick your favorite design based on your desired style and budget.
- Sleek Dressing Table With Edge-lit Mirror: It comes with a chic dressing table with a sleek cabinet self. These are compact dressers. An edge-lit mirror offers an appealing look to the dressing unit. It is multifunctional and serves many purposes. It also comes with sufficient storage space. This is the right choice if you own a small bedroom.
- Walk-In Wardrobe Dressing Table: Go for this design if you wish to have a separate dressing area in your bedroom. A dressing table light-up mirror would be a perfect add-on for a luxurious look. This design comes with open shutters, which makes it easy to access your stuff from the wardrobe. This design offers more space for storage.
- Dressing Table With Pop-up Mirror: This is a modest design idea when you wish to hide mirror hangings in your bedroom. The mirror pops up as and when it is required.
- Traditional Dressing Table With Storage: These types of dressers are made of solid wood. It comes with beautifully carved designs on it. This gives an ethnic look to your bedroom.
Think About Storage
Always try out a dressing table mirror with storage. This helps keep your accessories organized. Go for dressing table designs that come with maximum storage. Decide on the stuff you are going to place on the dressing table. This would help to choose an ideal dressing table with ample storage.
Pick The Right Sized Dressing Table
A right-sized dressing table offers an elegant and sophisticated look to your bedroom. A compact wooden dressing table with a mirror and storage will be ideal if you run out of space in your bedroom. A very small-sized dressing table would affect the overall look of your bedroom. Decide the size of the dressing table based on your room size.
Hope you choose a perfect dressing table design and make your bedroom look refined and trendy.