When you are looking to rent server space for website, you should look for a server that offers a variety of features. By choosing a quality VPS server, you will get speed, stability and the ability to install software. All this will affect the quality of your site, its speed. In addition, it is important to choose an appropriate type of plan for you.
If you’re looking to host your website on a virtual server, you may want to consider a managed vps (vds) server rental. Such hosting options include all the necessary hardware, power, and Internet connections. In addition, managed VPS providers can provide technical support. This type of hosting is generally more expensive than unmanaged hosting, though the price difference is growing smaller by the day.
Compared to a dedicated server, a VPS can easily scale up and down within its capacity. However, the amount of memory on a VPS is usually fixed and may not be sufficient for projects that require large amounts of memory. In addition, a VPS requires little technical knowledge and requires less manual configuration than a dedicated server. In addition, VPSs have fewer limitations, which can be especially useful for those who want to host custom software.
How a virtual server is set up
Of course, the implementation of the technology requires physical equipment – it is installed in the data center of the provider. On its basis, virtual servers are created, which are allocated to users for the deployment of sites, services and other projects. Imagine that an apartment building is a physical server and each apartment in it is a virtual server. That is, you have a separate “territory” where you can do your project.
What projects are suitable for: examples from practice
We have already said that this solution is justified for almost any Internet project, but now we will give some specific examples. So, for whom is the virtual dedicated server intended?
- Highly loaded sites. To begin with, answer the question: how critical for you the stability of the resource? If it is, for example, an online store, the level of importance is the maximum, because of its performance depends directly on income. It also matters attendance: when the attendance is 10-15 thousand people a day, the possibility of virtual hosting is not enough. In addition, do not forget about the security of data and the risk of being punished because of unscrupulous neighbors.
- Testing and development. The advantages are obvious: installation of any software and work on a convenient operating system, setting up dedicated capacity for your needs without buying expensive equipment.
- VPN and proxy-servers. As in the previous cases, the stability and security guaranteed by VPS hosting is important. You get anonymous connection, higher data transfer rate, protection against identity theft and cyber-attacks.
- Mail and game servers, 1C products. High load, the need for significant computing power and the need for quality data protection are common characteristics.
- IP telephony, round-the-clock video surveillance. In first case, you get unlimited number of numbers, full control over the calls, without buying expensive equipment. In the second case, a virtual dedicated server will be your video storage, which can be accessed from anywhere in the world where there is Internet.
In addition, VPS servers are the best solution for educational institutions that actively implement IT in the educational process. Websites of educational institutions, materials for distance learning, other student data – all this can be stored on a dedicated server. Not every company can afford to install physical equipment capable of handling impressive amounts of information, so VPS will help out here as well.