The United States National Petroleum Council , an advisory group for the US government, released a report titled “Facing the truth about energy” states that in the next 25 years oil in its traditional form.
Note : The company was established to support the use of alternative energy that is environmentally friendly by generating electricity from solar cells using new technologies. “Micro Inverter System” If you are interested in the product. or want to find more information Please visit the website https://www.sumitrapower.com/
Fossil oil will not be sufficient to meet the needs of the world due to the expansion of demand There will be more than the amount of oil that can be supplied. Therefore, it is necessary to procure alternative energy to replace it.
The importance of renewable energy
The main energy used by human beings as a facility in daily life is petroleum energy, especially energy from fuel. Currently, there is a large demand for oil. But the supply of oil is limited, causing the price of crude oil to continue to rise. And can be used for about 40 years (if no new oil fields are found), so it is necessary to find other sources of energy to replace. Currently, Thailand has used alternative energy such as gasohol. biodiesel oil, biogas, etc. The use of such renewable energy will help preserve the country’s currency. Build stability and self-reliance on the energy of the country. It also helps create a stable market for agricultural products as well.
In addition, the introduction of renewable energy, especially renewable energy. It is energy from the sun by installing solar cells. or conduction of water and wind It will help prevent greenhouse gasses. This will be another way to campaign to help cure global warming as well.
Benefits of Renewable Energy
The use of renewable energy can be beneficial in the following ways.
- Economics makes the state of the country’s economy better Because it reduces the loss of foreign currency in oil imports from abroad.
- Agricultural products Has a higher value and can be used more, for example, the remaining product from rice milling, rice husk, can be used to make biomass fuel, cassava, which has a low price, can be used as a raw material for ethanol production To be an ingredient in the production of gasohol oil, etc.
- Environmental protection Reducing pollution caused by the use of petroleum-based fuels such as air pollution An important cause that can cause the phenomenon of global warming.
1.10 The situation of renewable energy in the world and Thailand
At present, the world’s number 1 energy consumption is from fossil fuels such as oil, natural gas and coal, number 2 is nuclear energy, and number 3 is other types of energy. Most of which are renewable energy such as hydropower, geothermal energy. The energy mentioned above is classified as renewable energy itself.
for the energy use of Thailand Most of them are powered by fossil fuels, including oil, natural gas and coal.
Thailand requires the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency ministry of energy responsible for the study and development of renewable energy especially Renewable energy is a study, research, test, development and demonstration as well as promotion. and disseminate the use of such renewable energy which is classified as clean energy no impact on the environment And it is an energy that is easily available in the local area, for example, using renewable energy to generate electricity as follows:
– biomass energy It is the energy that comes from the residues of agriculture such as Chan Hoi, rice husks, palm oil, or waste from the industries that can be burned directly. and gives heat energy to be used to produce electricity
– Biogas Biogas is caused by the digestion of organic matter resulting in gas. can be burned to produce heat to produce electricity
– Energy from the wind Bringing the wind to spin the propeller to generate electricity
– solar energy able to convert hot sunlight into electrical energy
Saudi Arabia moves forward with renewable energy development
Saudi Arabia has announced plans to transition the country to 100% renewable energy within the coming decade. Prince Turki Al Faisal Al Saud has revealed that the kingdom has big investment plans in renewable energy. Nuclear power as a stepping stone to a low carbon dioxide emission energy source. With Saudi Arabia planning to have nuclear reactors within the next 10 years. After that, we will gradually build two nuclear reactors a year and will have 10 reactors by 2030. Nuclear energy has become a new option for people. The world’s largest oil exporter
Electricity Generation Thailand
In the past, electricity generation in Thailand was the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) as the sole power producer. Later, the government had a policy for the private sector to participate in electricity generation. In order to have competition in production, in 1994 there were independent power producers (IPP) and small power producers (SPP) that played a role in the power generation sector. Production and service efficiency improvements At present, the use of renewable energy is promoted in power generation. Therefore, very small power producers (VSPPs) that mainly use renewable energy are introduced into the system.